SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER OFFSHORE STRUCTURES
We are looking for a senior structural engineer having experience with the design of sub-structures and topsides for offshore platforms and offshore wind turbine generators and related structural components thereof for the concept, basic and detail design phase of projects. The structural engineer will perform the necessary design analyses and studies and produce accompanying reports independently.
The senior engineer will report to the lead engineer and work together with other engineering disciplines, project manager and client counterpart.
Duties & Responsibilities
The senior structural engineer is involved in various engineering projects such as but not limited to:
- Strength design of topside and substructures (jackets, monopiles etc) for Offshore Sub-Stations (OSS) including the transportation and installation provisions (lifting points, spreader frames, guides, bumpers, grillages, sea fastening etc);
- Strength design of platform secondary steel components such as working platforms, boat landings, J-tubes, cable hang-off clamps, anode cages etc.
- Strength design of substructures (jackets, monopiles and transition pieces etc) for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) including the transportation and installation provisions (lifting points, spreader frames, guides, bumpers, grillages, sea fastening etc.)
Oil & Gas offshore
- Strength design of topside and substructures (jackets, tripods, monopiles etc) including the transportation and installation provisions (lifting points, spreader frames, guides, bumpers, grillages, sea fastening etc.);
- Strength design of platform components such as living quarters, (blast-)walls, bridges, vent stacks, flare booms, crane pedestals, helidecks, boat landings, riser clamps, bumpers etc;
- Strength design of platform modifications such as deck extensions & modifications for new or replacement of equipment;
- Strength design of subsea structures such as wellhead protection frames, side tap protection structures, PLEMS and PLETS;
- Decommissioning engineering for topside and substructures;
- Strength design of FPSO topsides;
- Platform Life Time extension studies.
Global strength analyses such as, but not limited to
- Load out, upending, lifting, transport, transport fatigue, installation/stabbing, on-bottom/un-piled, in-place, in-place fatigue, vessel impact/collision, seismic, redundancy/pushover, lifetime extensions, foundation piles, foundation suction cans, pile drivability etc
Detailed strength calculations such as, but not limited to
- Weight and Centre of Gravity (CoG)/Centre of Buoyancy (CoB) calculations, weight control reports, bolted connections, welded connections, grillage and sea fastening, vessel/barge deck strength, nodes & joints (eg diamond plates), detailed buckling checks of shell structures, lifting points (eg padeyes & trunnions), rigging selection etc.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (offshore);
- +6 years of experience as structural engineer in the offshore oil & gas and renewable industry;
- Experience with the design of platform substructures and topsides;
- Software experience: advanced user of SACS and Ansys (classic and workbench), basic knowledge of FEMAP and StaadPro;
- Knowledge of international rules and standards applicable to offshore designs for oil & gas as well as offshore wind industry;
- Experience with geotechnical foundation design for driven piles and suction anchor foundations (incl. drivability);
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player.