Principle/Lead Engineer Primary steel WTG Foundations
The Principle / Lead Engineer is responsible for the concept, basic and detail design of offshore wind structures in particular the design of primary steel for the offshore Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) substructures. Moreover, the Lead Engineer leads a project team of (senior) engineers and advises on technical design matters as part of the overall Design & Build project team.
For those customers executing their own designs, the Lead Engineer mainly reviews the design as provided by the client and consults with the fabrication department of KCI’s mother company Sif on possible optimalisation towards fabrication. In projects where KCI is responsible for the design, the Lead Engineer is deployed as the overall lead for the full design of the primary steel of the foundation. In this role he will work together with the Secondary Steel lead as well as Lead Designer to deliver a complete certified design.
The Lead Engineer Foundations is also a valuable source of knowledge and source of information regarding all design-related questions, both internally and externally. The design and product knowledge of the Lead Engineer contributes significantly to the distinctive character and competitive advantage that KCI and its partners can achieve in the market with this.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Lead Engineer is involved in various engineering projects such as but not limited to:
- Generating concept, basic and detail design for the primary steel of various wind turbine foundations such as Monopiles (MP), jackets & gravity base foundations
- Designing transition pieces (TP) for the various wind turbine foundation types
- Performing the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports
- Able to independently perform complex global analyzes of all applicable conditions for WTG foundations.
- Writing Design Basis, Design Briefs and Specifications as well as liaise with our Clients and Certifying Authorities
- Engineering management of Design and Built projects and therefore provide input to Fabrication, Operations office and Sales of KCI’s mother company Sif.
- Skilled in “serial design processes” and strong in programming routines
- Understanding the differences between designing a wind turbine foundation and the foundation for an offshore substation or an O&G platform
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in structural discipline and relevant market
- 3+ years’ experience in this or similar position
- Substructures engineering experience: Jackets & Monopiles for the Offshore Wind market
- Analyses or calculations: WTG load iterations, In-place analysis (ULS, FLS, SLS, ALS)
- Detailed analyses or calculations: Bolted connections, Welded connections, Grout connections, Vortex induced vibrations.
- Proficient user of SACS or SESAM and Ansys and familiar / advanced user of Femap/Usfos/Grlweap
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal)
- Team player and like to solve problems instead of making them
- Competences: adaptability, assertiveness, critical thinking, focus on quality, problem analysis, result-orientation
- Knowledge of turbine modelling software like Bladed is an advantage
We have a market conform employment package including a competitive salary with a guaranteed salary increase by good performance, bonus, 30 holidays (plus paid Dutch national holidays) and a defined pension contribution scheme. Furthermore we offer good staff unemployment insurances of which the costs are borne by KCI.
KCI is a multidisciplinary engineering firm providing full design, engineering and consultancy services to the Oil & Gas, Renewables and Leisure market. We design and engineer complete platforms and infrastructure for the oil & gas and renewables industry, deck lay outs, cable & pipe laying solutions for marine environment, great observation wheels and much more! Working with KCI means that you will be part of an multicultural team of professionals in an informal and collegiate working atmosphere. Sif is 100% shareholder of KCI.
For more information about KCI, the vacancy and the application process, please contact Naomi Purperhart HR Business Partner (email@example.com). If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the form below and upload your motivation letter and CV. When you have applied for this vacancy and you do not hear form us within 2 weeks, then you have not been selected for the position.
KCI does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by KCI.