What’s it all about?
As Lead Piping Engineer you will be working for primarily for the renewable market; Green Hydrogen/Carbon Capture and some Oil & Gas projects. For greenfield as well as brownfield projects from conceptual studies up to and including detailed design. You are responsible of handling for your discipline (multiple) projects from small sized piping projects till multidisciplinary projects.
What will you do as an Lead Engineer?
Your main goal will be to monitor and coordinate the engineering and design work of the piping team, in order to ensure that the scope and level of work is in compliance with the requirements as written in project and client specifications. Furthermore the Lead Piping Engineer is responsible to ensure that all piping deliverables will be issued within agreed project budget and planning. Furthermore you will:
- Monitor and coordinate the engineering and design work to ensure that the quality and completeness of piping deliverables are in compliance with project requirements and company standards.
- Be responsible for production of deliverables, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, CTR input, study reports
- Check and sign all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, drawings, etc.
- Monitor and report actual progress including 3D / check for Piping and Layout activities, including control of men-hours and delivered documents
- Be responsible for interfaces with Client, project responsible, other discipline leads and piping project team in order to contribute to the realization of the piping deliverables and interdisciplinary activities.
- Be aware and keep track of all interface ( in / out ) information.
- Be the technical reference and provide technical support to Project Team, Procurement, Subcontractors and Sales.
- Train / mentor junior engineers and designers.
What are we doing in return?
At KCI we invest in our staff by providing interesting projects and offers career paths along educational opportunities to train and improve our employees competences. We have a market conform employment package including a competitive salary with a guaranteed salary increase by good performance, bonus based on company result, 30 vacation days (plus paid Dutch national holidays) and a defined pension contribution plan. Furthermore we offer good staff disability insurances of which the costs are borne by KCI. At last we have a working from home policy to provide flexibility in both location and working hours.
Where are you going to work?
You will be working at our office in Schiedam with the flexibility to work 50% of your time from home. Working with KCI means that you will be part of an multicultural team of professionals in an informal and collegiate working atmosphere. To ensure a nice balance between work and fun, various social events and activities are being organized as well! The department where you will be working consists of approx. 10 Multi-disciplinary (Lead) Designers and (Lead) Engineers.
Which personality fits this position?
You are eager to learn and you go for the best results every day. Have the ability to work independently and work well with your colleagues. Is capable to keep an overview and have organizational talent. But you also have the (communication) skills to deal well with clients, to advise them and to maintain the relationship.
What else is required for the job?
KCI the engineers considers it important for this position that you bring the following:
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or similar;
- +10 years working experience in piping discipline preferably in the offshore oil and gas industry
- 3 – 5 years working experience in similar position acting as Lead Piping Engineer;
- Knowledge about piping design and engineering standards and regulations; such as ASME, EN codes and PED regulation;
- Good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to topsides/plant layout and piping design for oil & gas and renewables facilities.
- Knowledge and experience with PDMS or E3D is a must;
- Upstream experience is a must and downstream experience is nice to have.
- Prompt recognition and notification of all scope changes or trends that may cause a cost impact to the project
- English (written and verbal), preferably Dutch as well.
- Competences: problem analysis, result-oriented, controlling of progress, focus on quality, ownership, critical thinking etc.
Why should you work with KCI the engineers?
We are engineers that offer various services that bring people closer and move companies forward. We have a reputation for delivering creative concepts, with a high focus on execution down to the very last detail. We guide our customers through a complete project execution. From advice in the phases of acquisition and field development to fabrication & installation management while also consider along the way how to decommission the structure in the future. During every engineering phase we continuously nourish our organization with feedback. In this way we are constantly improving our high level engineering knowledge and smart tools. As a team we strive core values such as responsibility, knowledge, solution driven, teamwork & transparency. KCI is part of the Sif Group, market leader in the fabrication of WTG foundations allowing KCI some unique added value while still operating as an independent company.
What does KCI the engineers as a company?
KCI The Engineers is a medium-sized engineering company that specializes in fixed assets for the Offshore Energy Industry. We have our origin in the Oil & Gas industry with over 35 years of experience. Since 2008 we are also active in the energy transition business, with in particular offshore wind and lately offshore green hydrogen. With our experience and engineering solutions we aim to contribute to the acceleration of the world’s energy transition. This results that today KCI’s main focus area’s are therefore:
• Offshore Substations
• Offshore Wind Turbine Foundations
• Offshore Green hydrogen platforms
Within these focus area’s we perform a multidisciplinary range of services in the full spectrum of relevant engineering phases (feasibility studies up to and including detailed design and engineering support during fabrication/installation).
What to do if you are interested?
Do you want to join a company that lead interesting projects also in the area of renewable energy? Please send your resume and motivation to HR@kci.nl. For more information about KCI, the vacancy and the application process, please contact Hans Verboon +31 10 312 62 68.