Pipelines and Subsea
A large part of a field development is sub-sea and sometimes located at great depth. A development could be comprised of pipelines which transport crude oil or natural gas from the well to the platform (riser) or which transport the crude oil or natural gas to shore. Included herein is, connections between the platform and the pipeline, or connections to existing underwater pipeline networks. KCI also designs special protective structures, for example to prevent damage being caused by trawler fishing. Depending on the circumstances, pipelines can be either welded onshore or on the seabed. Alternatively, pipes can be reeled onboard, onto specially designed spools, and then installed from the ship onto the seabed. KCI ensures the appropriate materials are selected and designs the lifting and installation structures which are often required due to specific local conditions.
- Pipeline networks are designed for both onshore and offshore environments.
- KCI designs ensure the continual flow of the extracted products (flow assurance analyses).
- KCI designs the entire subsea infrastructure including connections and trawler protection structures.
- Platform riser and spool designs.
- KCI employs in-house designed lifting and installation gear for the installation of complex pipeline and jumper structures.